In the history of the Kyrgyz people, the Ordo is khan's headquarters. Taking its name from the khan's fortress, the square "Ordo" shyrdak resembles a kind of map with which soldiers can capture the enemy.
Designs of hunting birds depicted on the shyrdak help them in this. Hunting birds with outstretched wings, beaks, and claws acted as a talisman and a source of strength for warriors in the art of the ancient nomadic people.
Adapted to modern design requirements, the Ordo shyrdak is an ideal combination of ethnic and classic styles.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|195 × 190 cm|
Size in feet
|6.2 × 6.4 ft|