The "Salbuurun" shyrdak, decorated in strict classic colors, is a combination of the requirements of modern style and national motifs.
The product is decorated with national patterns of heavenly mountains, birds, and flora.
With these motifs, Kyrgyz needlewomen have, from time immemorial, connected the concepts of unity, eternal renewal, and revival of life. The "Salbuurun" shyrdak is made by hand by local Kyrgyz craftsmen, giving the product its uniqueness.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|220 × 207 cm|
Size in feet
|7.21 × 6.79 ft|