The "Jasho Bulagy" shyrdak is a creative embodiment of the origins of life. Inspired by the power of nature and the element of water, Kyrgyz Handmade craftswomen, using blue patterns, have embedded the story of the life of nature into the product. Blue patterns are a symbol of calm streams and turbulent rivers.
Drop by drop, the ornamentation builds into thin streams which flow into rivers that run down the mountains and breathe life into the surrounding countryside.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|350 × 145 cm|
Size in feet
|11.48 × 4.75 ft|