The form of Kyrgyz Handmade shyrdak has its own meaning and message. Taajy Patterns are symbols of inexhaustible power and the heroic spirit of the Kyrgyz baatyr, or hero.
The colors of this shyrdak were chosen for a reason: red and black colors represent the energy, courage, and resilience male defenders of the fatherland. This shyrdak fits perfectly into the interior of any modern-style house and gives it a bright accent.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|150 × 75 m|
Size in feet
|4.1 × 2.46 ft|