The "Ormok" shyrdak stands out among all the others for its combined manufacturing technique. The technique includes wet-felting, with shyrdak mosaic gathering and inserts of woven strips made from natural wool.
The edges of the shyrdak are decorated with patterns of birds of prey, which, in the beliefs of the Kyrgyz people, are the protectors of the clan and a symbol of strength. To decorate the center of the product, the craftswomen used plant motifs. These patterns show the wealth of the Kyrgyz land and the respect of its nomads for mother nature.
The size of the shyrdak allows you to use it in a room of any scale, and the calm color scheme will perfectly fit into your interior.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|230 × 185 cm|
Size in feet
|7.54 × 6.06 ft|