The traditional handmade "KOOKOR" shyrdak carpet is made according to the ancient technology of Kyrgyz artisans. Each shyrdak pattern has a special meaning and presents a wish for the owner of the carpet. Decorated with kookor (leather wineskin for kymyz) patterns and those depicting the horns of a ram, the "KOOKOR" symbolizes well-being, wealth, abundance, and prosperity.
The product will wonderfully complement your interior, symbolizing the comforts of the home and attracting well-being.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|150 × 75 cm|
Size in feet
|4.92 × 2.46 ft|