The "Charchy" shyrdak presents, not just a Kyrgyz carpet, but a whole treasure trove of stories about the life of nomads, national ornaments, and ideas.
The product is decorated in purple, gray and white tones, with "Baatyr" and "Umai Ene" patterns, as well as plant motifs.
In the ancient beliefs of the Kyrgyz people, each of these elements was endowed with a sacred power that protects the owners of the house.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|220 × 220 m|
Size in feet
|7.25 × 7.25 ft|