Taking its name from one of the country's high-mountain jailoo, or summer pastures, the Suusamyr shyrdak personifies the freshness of spring as it covers the valley with a colorful carpet of flowers and herbs.
The ornamentation of the product depicts the rivers that breathe vitality into the surrounding nature, snow trails that do not want to relinquish their embrace, and the majestic outlines of the mountains.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|114 × 58 m|
Size in feet
|3.77 × 1.96 ft|