“Kolomto otu ochposun (let the hearth not go out)” is a phrase used by the Kyrgyz when giving wishes to newlyweds or at housewarming. Kolomto is a symbol of life, unity, and friendliness. This Shyrdak, symbolizing the hearth, will be a wonderful gift for newlyweds or for a housewarming.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
Size in feet