The “Kok Jaiyk” shyrdak-runner is a rectangular shyrdak of gray and emerald decorated with “Bugu muyuz”, “Sulp oyu”, “Bagyt”, “Bulut”, “Umai” and “Tolkun” patterns. In their magical combination, these national ornaments add up to a complete picture describing an entire era: the history of the people, including the legend of the Mother Deer and the direction of events from ancient times to the present day.
In addition to describing the deep history of the Kyrgyz people, this shyrdak carries wishes for ease, light, kindness, and protection for the owner of the shyrdak from the guardian of children, Umay.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|145 × 95 cm|
Size in feet
|4.75 × 3.11 ft|