Made in light colors, the Er Jigit shyrdak will complement the design of your room and give it an interesting national flavor.
White was considered sacred by the nomadic Kyrgyz people, personifying well-being, purity, nobility, and honor. It was not for nothing that a high-ranking family was called “Ak sook” (“white bone”).
This shyrdak is decorated with unusual inserts - patterned ribbons and floral decorations - symbols of development and fertility.
- 100% handmade
- 100% natural sheep wool
- Perfect stitching
- Original design
- Quality dyes
HOW SHOULD YOU CARE FOR A SHYRDAK?
Proper care prolongs the life of your Shyrdak:
• Use a sponge and soapy water to remove stains, and an iron or sunlight to dry your Shyrdak.
• Vacuum clean on a low setting without using a brush attachment.
• Shake the rug outside and beat it with a stick or a carpet beater.
• Expose to direct sunlight outdoors for 3 hours twice a year.
• When storing, make sure to use anti-moth spray and keep the storage room dry.
Shyrdak is listed on the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding.
|233 × 153 cm|
Size in feet
|7.64 × 5 ft|